The cause of papilloma on the body surface in women in most cases is related to the body being infected with the papilloma virus. There are also congenital formations that are passed along with genetic information from one of the parents.
What is papilloma?
Papilloma is a benign tumor on the female body, the cause of which is the pathogenic activity of microorganisms belonging to the papillomavirus family. Translated from Latin means "papilloma - nipple" and "oma - a typical end for tumors of all kinds. "
Papillomas are formed from the epithelial cells of the host itself. Outwardly, it resembles a connecting papilla with a flat, sharp, rounded or branched shape.
The distinctive feature of these benign tumors is their ability to develop on the oral mucosa, hollow internal organs, inside the nostrils, sinuses, and on the vocal cords.
Initially, the papillae is formed from the squamous epithelium with gradual growth in the general skin.
The color of the tumor can range from flesh to brown and pink. . . Localization of papillomas inside the bladder, intestines, organs of the respiratory system can provoke the development of concomitant diseases and complications.
Types of papillomas on the body in women
Depending on the location of the warts, their appearance and the reason for their formation, different types of papillomas are distinguished. The table below lists the types of benign tumors of this type, giving their characteristics.
|Type of papilloma||Features of the tumor|
|Genital warts||They can be located on any part of the female body. Outwardly, they look like a long hanging mole, which in most cases is brown.|
|Papilloma vulgaris||Classical form of human papillomavirus expression. The neoplasms are round, they are attached to the main surface of the body on a thin, short stalk. Have the same flesh color as the rest of the dermis.|
|Genital warts||The localization of tumors of this type is the intimate zone in men and women. Infection occurs from unprotected intercourse with an infected partner. The primary sites of tumors are the circumference of the anus, labia and minora in women, and the foreskin in men. In case of non-compliance with sanitary and hygienic standards, the household may become contaminated.|
|Warts of old age||Seen in older women. They appear due to hormonal changes in the body, metabolic disorders, long exposure to the sun's rays. The main danger of this type of papilloma is the high risk of it degenerating into a malignant tumor.|
|Plantar||Papillomas of this type are localized exclusively in the area of \u200b\u200bthe foot. Outwardly, they resemble a small head of cauliflower with branched inflorescences. If a woman walks a lot and wears tight shoes, the wart can become inflamed, bleed, and cause pain.|
Almost all of the above types of papillomas are formed by a woman's infection with one or another genotype of the human papillomavirus. The only exception is senile warts, which can appear as a result of age-related changes in the body of the elderly.
Stages and extent of papillomas on the body in women
Like any other benign tumor formation, papillomas develop on the female body in several stages.
In this regard, the following stages of wart formation are distinguished:
- State 1- uncontrolled division of the squamous cell epithelium and the formation of papillae, asymptomatic and imperceptible;
- Phase 2- the formation of a wart head, protruding 1-1. 5 mm above the general surface of the body, if located in the folds of the joints, in the lumbar region, on the neck or under the armpits, can causeskin discomfort, cracking, irritation;
- Stage 3- appearance of a primary tumor flat, round or elongated, with roots, legs, main stem in the form of a head and supplied with blood by the smallest capillaries connected to the rest of the epithelial tissues;
- Stage 4- the same multiple papilloma, formed by cell division of an existing tumor (dangerously spreading papilloma with a high probability of malignant degeneration of a wart).
The stage of the skin disease is determined by the dermatologist during the examination of the patient. Treatment is selected based on the diagnosis, the type of papilloma, and the extent of its growth.
Symptoms of papillomas
Body papillomas (the cause in women of the appearance of tumors associated with viral microbial infections) are single or multiple benign neoplasms, easily identifiable by the signsoutside.
Symptoms of papillomavirus in women are manifested as follows:
- the appearance of a small protruding tubercle on the general surface of the epithelium;
- an increase in the base of the wart, which becomes larger every week;
- a foreign tumor appearing on the body, which is characterized by a round, branched or conical shape;
- The main locations of papillomas on the female body are armpits, inner thighs, neck, skin surface under mammary glands, groin area, perineum, genitals, back, legs;
- in case of prolonged contact with the wart surface, there may be rubbing and pain;
- papillomas can be flesh-colored, yellowish, pink, brown, which is the norm;
- Attempts to self-remove the tumor do not result in a positive result and the removed wart will grow back.
The presence of symptoms such as a sudden change in the color of the wart to a darker color, the onset of an acute inflammatory process, purulent or bloody discharge, and pain, are nonspecific warning signs. characteristic of papillomatosis. In this case, the degeneration of a benign mass into a cancerous tumor cannot be ruled out.
The reason for appearing
Body papilloma (the cause in women of the disease may be related to the patient's lifestyle) is a chronic dermatological disease that occurs under the influence of the following factors.
Elements of papillomas on the body:
- having a promiscuous sex life, having intimate relations with an infected partner without using barrier contraception;
- sharing towels, cosmetics, soaps, and other hygiene products with someone who has papillomavirus;
- sharing slippers and other footwear;
- visiting public showers, baths, swimming pools, steam rooms with open skin contact surfaces where papillomavirus virions exist;
- hormonal imbalance in the body due to concomitant diseases of the endocrine system;
- infected with the virus in an open wound when shaving;
- infection of the infant from an infected mother during delivery of the fetus through the birth canal.
In most cases, it is not possible to determine the real cause of the appearance of warts on the body. The incubation period of papillomavirus after infection ranges from a few days to 3 years or more.
To make an accurate diagnosis in the form of papilloma, women need to have a thorough examination of the body and directly the localized skin area of the benign tumor.
Diagnosis of papillomatosis takes place in several stages, namely:
- image examination by a dermatologist;
- venous blood donation for biochemical study and identification of papillomavirus virion;
- examine the deeper epithelial layers of the wart with a dermatoscope;
- Capillary blood collection for clinical analysis;
- selection of a papilloma nodule for further histological examination to exclude the cancerous nature of the tumor's origin;
- morning urine distribution to determine its biochemical composition and general indicators of a woman's health.
Determining the location of papillomas in the genital area, on the genitals and around the anus may require further examination by the gynecologist, as well as testing for the presence of sexually transmitted infections. sexual route.
When to see a doctor?
The main danger of this type of wart lies in the cosmetic defect, as well as the risk of degenerating into cancer.
It is advisable to seek the advice of a dermatologist as soon as a foreign tumor is detected.
Early diagnosis and identification of the type of papilloma allows you to organize effective treatment and remove the tumor with minimal risk of complications.
Prevent papillomas on the body
Body papillomas (the cause of warts in women that can be eliminated with effective preventive measures) are benign tumors that can be easily prevented by following the following rules: .
- live an orderly intimate life, having only one sexual partner;
- wear only your own shoes and do not let others polish them;
- use barrier contraception;
- avoid entering public baths, toilets, pools, showers, or putting on rubber slippers, do not touch exposed body parts, surfaces of walls, doorknobs, tiles, chairssunbathing;
- use only your own cosmetics, towels, soaps;
- at least once a year for a preventive check-up by a dermatologist;
- Balance nutrition, sleep at least 8 hours a day, get enough rest to ensure the normal functioning of the immune system.
All of the above recommendations do not guarantee 100% protection against papillomatosis infection, but they do allow you to minimize your risk of getting it and avoid exposure to potential sources of infection.
Methods to treat papilloma on the body in women
Papilloma is a completely incurable disease. A woman who has been infected with the virus that causes warts will carry the virus for the rest of her life. Modern methods of treating the disease can only get rid of the consequences of pathology in the form of benign neoplasms.
Traditional medicines cannot completely remove papillomas, as this type of wart needs to be removed with chemical, thermal, electrocautery, laser or surgical treatments.
Alternative medicine offers its own alternative ways to remove papillomas, regardless of the type of papilloma and their location on a woman's body. Following are the traditional methods to remove warts.
Knit with a thread
It is necessary to wait until the moon phase is in the waning phase. You will need to take a piece of black thread, use it to tie the papillae, knot. This thread is taken to the garden and buried in the soil with the words: "When this thread breaks down, all my warts will disappear. " After 2-3 weeks, the papilloma will start to soften and collapse withoutNo signs of pain or inflammation.
There are specific treatments for warts and papillomas, but they are not effective and guarantee recurrence. For example, one of these tools is a special patch.
Such products often contain natural ingredients that fight viruses to some extent.
To remove benign cancer by this method, you need to apply a layer of sour cream evenly on the acne. The woman should then go to the dog and let him lick the lactic acid product with her tongue.
The papilloma is then sealed with a medical adhesive plaster. It is not possible to wipe the saliva from the surface of the tumor. After 1 week, the patch can be removed. From this point on, the wart will begin to scab over.
Moxibarding with celandine
During the growing season of this plant (from late May to mid-June), you should pluck the branches of the celandine tree daily and dab the wart with poisonous yellow water. The duration of treatment is 10 to 30 days. Care should be taken so that the juice does not get on the mucous membranes of the mouth and eyes.
The effectiveness of using the above folk remedies to get rid of papillomas on the body has not yet been proven by official science. Women who use similar formulations can achieve the desired results and respond positively to these treatments.
The most effective way to treat papillomas is to remove them completely.
For this, the following methods are used:
- chemical burning- provide for the contact of the wart surface with acidic, alkaline solutions of potassium or sodium;
- condenser- the papilloma is cut out and healed with an arc-shaped instrument, the metal tip is placed under an electric current (the treatment is carried out under local anesthesia);
- cryptographic destruction- a benign tumor is ignited using a liquid nitrogen solution (under the influence of low temperature, epithelial tissues freeze and then decompose into parts);
- laser coagulation- excision of the papilloma is carried out using positively charged laser particles, which ensure the removal of the main body of the wart and the formation of its root system;
- surgical removal- the most common and traditional method for treating dermatosis, which involves cutting the milia with a scalpel and then applying suture material.
All of the above treatments for warts allow you to remove benign tumors with minimal risk of recurrence.
The average rehabilitation time is 3 to 7 days. The safest method is laser ablation and electrocautery. The most painful and traumatic treatment is traditional wart removal surgery.
Without appropriate response and treatment measures for genital warts, over time, a woman may experience the following complications.
Complications may occur:
- the appearance of similar warts on other parts of the body, which indicates an increase in viral activity;
- degeneration of the wart into a malignant cancerous tumor, which can lead to death;
- the appearance of similar tumors in the bladder cavity, intestines, larynx, trachea, which will lead to disruption of their work, problems with urination, breathing and digestive function;
- cervical cancer (scientific studies have shown that 80% of women have this disease due to infection with human papillomavirus;
- an increase in the size of the wart, creating a cosmetic and aesthetic defect;
- tumor lesions and the penetration of bacterial infections into epithelial tissues.
To prevent the appearance of papillomas on the body in women, it is necessary to remember what causes their appearance. This will protect the health of the skin, preventing a decline in the immune status to the pathogenic activity of the papillomavirus. The disease itself is not life-threatening, but its presence can cause serious complications.